Harveys Real Estate
Most important to a user of a real estate site is to find a property to buy or rent. The user will have an idea of locations, a price range and features, and these are unlikely to change between visits.
Users are not concerned about the agent's looks or the awards they have won.Before
- The site sat behind an animated splash screen.
- Listing search was only available as a second level menu item.
- The site's main content was vanity pieces on the branches and their principles.
- Search is available on every page.
- The user's last search is remembered the next time the user visits the site.
- Searches can be saved and emailed.
- The home page feature property is selected based on the locations the user is searching.
The site currently serves up 25000 search results to 5000 users each day. The site has become the main avenue for enquiries for Harveys.
- Usability review of existing site.
- Information and interaction design.
- All coding including:
- Database design and implementation
- Search logic
- Listing feed information and imagery parsing
- Ad-hoc content management system